White Clay Kaolin : Benefits and uses in natural cosmetics and health
White clay of the kaolin type is extracted from natural quarries in Brittany, but deposits can be found all over the world. Considered as a neutral clay, white clay is the ideal clay for all beginners in clay therapy. Its use in cosmetics delights sensitive, fragile and dry skin. INCI name: Kaolin. Origin : France
Modes of use of clays
In cosmetic care
- Mask for skin or hair;
- Exfoliating care;
- Mud bath.
In therapeutic care
- Cataplasm ;
- Clay water;
- Clay water.
For dry and sensitive skin
White kaolin clay is one of the softest clays, so it is particularly suitable for dry and sensitive skin. Rich in minerals, it will remineralize the skin and bring it softness and suppleness.
- Use as a mask: make a clay paste to apply directly to the skin as a mask, once a week for 10 minutes.
- Complementary vegetable oil: you can add a soothing vegetable oil like Sweet Almond oil to your preparation.
For white teeth
White kaolin clay is widely used in oral care products, particularly for its abrasive power to eliminate bacteria. It will thus clean the teeth while bringing a whitening action.
- Use in clay water: to keep teeth white, make a mouthwash with clay water.
- Use as a powder: place a small amount of clay on your toothpaste.
- Complementary essential oils: some oils also help whiten teeth such as Lemon, Tea Tree or even Field Mint.
In case of infected and inflamed gums
The white clay kaolin is recognized in mouth care, in particular for its purifying virtues. It will thus make it possible to reduce the inflammations and to relieve the sensitive gums.
- Use in clay water: make a clay water supplemented with salt and perform mouthwash 2 times a day the time of inflammation. If the problem persists, be sure to consult a dentist.
- Complementary essential oils: for more effectiveness, you can add to your mouthwash oils such as Clove, Peppermint or even Noble Laurel.
Absorbent, white kaolin clay can be used as an antiperspirant to limit the phenomenon of perspiration.
- Use as a powder:use the clay powder as a talcum powder directly under dry armpits by tapping with fingertips.
- Complementary essential oil: for more effectiveness, you can add 1 drop of essential oil of Palmarosa.
For irritated babies' bottoms
Ideal to look after the irritated buttocks of the babies, the white clay kaolin will have virtues softening and refreshing. It will thus make it possible to calm irritations and to help with the cicatrization.
- Use as a powder:use the clay powder as talc to apply directly to your baby's irritated bottom.
- Complementary vegetable oil: sweet almond oil can also be used in baby care, to nourish their fragile skin.
Against stomach pain
The white clay kaolin will act as a natural bandage, thanks to its covering and absorbing power. It will thus make it possible to alleviate the pains of stomach by remineralizing and by reducing the excess of acid juices.
- Use in clay water: carry out a clay water cure for 3 weeks, with a glass before each meal.
- Complementary essential oil: for more effectiveness, you can add 1 drop of Lemon Balm which is also very useful in case of stomach cramps.
Main properties of the White Clay Kaolin
- Absorbent, cleansing: white kaolin clay is the most neutral and gentle of clays. It also has ideal absorbent properties to enjoy all its benefits at the skin level. It can capture many of the impurities, bacteria and other parasites.
- Exfoliating: The powdery appearance of the clay and its small particle size give it cleansing and exfoliating properties ideal for gentle skin scrubs. This gentle exfoliation of the skin removes excess dead skin and promotes the regeneration of skin cells.
- For fragile skin: white kaolin clay is very soft, it soothes sensitive skin and allows better skin regeneration.
- For dry skin: for dry skin that tugs, white clay kaolin plays a softening and repairing role. Remineralizing, the clay restores suppleness to your skin.
- For normal skin: white kaolin clay is the most gentle, it is also suitable for normal skin.
- For all hair types: the scalp constantly secretes sebum and contains impurities. The white clay kaolin and its purifying and absorbing properties help to absorb them and thus regulate excess sebum.
Characteristics and composition
- Skin type: all skin types, but particularly suitable for dry and sensitive skin
- Hair type: all hair types
- INCI name: Kaolin
- Country of origin : France
- Humidity: < 4
- Particle size: 90% < 20 μm / 100% < 40 μm
- pH : 5 to 9
- CEC : 10 meq/100 g
- Appearance : superfine powder
- Color: white
- Odor: odorless
- Pb < 10 ppm
- As < 10 ppm
- Cd < 0.2 ppm
- Hg < 0.05 ppm
Precautions for use
White Clay Kaolinite
- Ingesting, people prone to constipation should not use clays. Their use is also contraindicated in people with a digestive hernia, in cases of high blood pressure, a history of intestinal obstruction or nausea. Beware, ingestion of clay can counteract the effects of drug treatments. It is important to drink enough water during a clay treatment.
- By skin, clay should not be reused, be sure to discard a clay that has already been used. Avoid letting a clay dry. Rinse with clear, cold or warm water. On the most hairy parts of the body, for maximum comfort, place a compress between the clay poultice and the skin.
- When handling, beware of air currents, the clay is powdery. It should not be inhaled. In case of excessive inhalation, it is important to get fresh air. In case of contact with eyes or mucous membranes, rinse thoroughly with water. Caution, when handling clays, do not use metal utensils, they would lose much of their effectiveness.
- Pregnant and nursing women and young children should seek medical advice before use.
- Store preferably in a dry place, away from light and heat.
See the product
The company of the senses and its teams do not encourage self-medication. The information and advice delivered are taken from a reference bibliographic base (books, scientific publications, etc.). They are given for information purposes, or to propose avenues of reflection: they should in no case replace a diagnosis, a consultation or a medical follow-up, and cannot engage the responsibility of The company of the senses.