Recipes and tips for preparing a cold brew
Contrary to popular belief, herbal teas are not only reserved for the winter season. Granted, there is nothing more comforting than a warm herbal tea when the temperature drops. But when you think of summer and hot weather, you think of hydration! And to combine pleasure and health, there's nothing like a good, cold infusion. The icing on the cake: herbal teas will even help you deal with some of the summer's discomforts. You have never prepared a cold infusion? You don't know which plants to brew? We explain it all to you and give you 4 ideas of refreshing infusions recipes.
How to prepare a cold infusion?
To prepare a cold brew, there are two possible preparation methods:
- With hot water, to best extract the active ingredients: let the herbs infuse for 5 to 10 minutes in hot water. Filter and let cool, or pour directly over ice cubes to drink right away.
- with cold water, for the more patient: let the plants infuse in room temperature water for 1 to 3 hours, or even overnight.
And for those with a sweet tooth, there's nothing like adding a touch of honey or some fruit!
4 recipes for cold or iced herbal teas
The colored one : Hibiscus and Peppermint
For 1 L of water, mix :
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of Hibiscus flowers.
- 2 tablespoons of Peppermint leaves
- Optional: add 1/2 juice of Lemon for a touch of pep or 1 teaspoon of honey to sweeten slightly
Spicy : Ginger and Lemongrass
For spice lovers, add to 1 L of water:
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of Dry Ginger,or a few slices of fresh Ginger
- 2 tablespoons ofLemongrass leaves
- 2 tablespoons of Melissa leaves.
For light legs: Vine and Sweet Mint
To combine the pleasure of herbal tea with the benefits of plants against heavy legs, mix in 1 L of water:
- 2 tablespoons of Red Vine leaves.
- 1 tablespoon ofSweet Mint leaves
For the after-meal : Rosemary and Orange Blossom
Nothing like a refreshing digestive tea after a good picnic. Add to 1 L of water:
Bulk plant for infusion
- 2 tablespoons of Rosemary leaves.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of Orange Blossom Hydrosol.
- Optional: add a teaspoon of your favorite honey to sweeten slightly
See the product